Ok so this track goes along with a bar review. Possibly the only real post about being in hungary I’ve made so far.
1. i’m like drunk right now so pardon this being all over the place
2. the song is destiny’s child - bills bill bills refiXed by James Blake (who is my lover in my imagination)
3. the bar is fogashaz, which i probz spelt wrong but ill edit that shit tomorrow
4. probably the second best bar ive been to whilst here. it was the second time and just as good as the first if not better.
5. its a ruin pub, which means its a bar that took over an abandoned space. open air bar and dancing/dj space, an upstair balcony a la szimpla kert and other pubs like it. also ping pong room, gallery space, and both a theatre and a cinema which i didnt see but people told me were there so whatever.
6. AWESOME djs. well relative to time and place but definitely more than decent. first guy better than the second, but the second guy broke out the above track in his set and it was awesome because i had just been talking about it. the only problem with the first guy who was otherwise off the chain, and this is probs just me, was that he was ashing over the turntables. WTF. smoke it up dude, but please dont spark on the vinyl.
7. crowd was so so good both nights. the only place i have seen lots of young hungarians mixed in with a tourist/study abroad crowd. and they were like the ‘bard type’ of young people. for instance i for once did not stand out for having on big glasses, a patterned sweater, and a hat. it was awesome.
8. you should go there if you find yourself in budapest.